Practically every burger restaurant uses a flattop griddle. But this equipment often finds its way into steakhouses, casual dining restaurants, diners and more. Indeed, this equipment can become a workhorse in many commercial kitchens.
Here are five tips to keeping these units running smoothly:
- When the unit is off and cool, check the vent daily to make sure it’s clear from obstructions.
- To ensure the unit is correctly calibrated and gas flowing properly, check the burners for a blue flame.
- The grease trough on a griddle can fill quickly. Empty it on a daily basis.
- On electric units, keep an eye on the power cord and plug for wear or fraying.
- Griddles are best cleaned when warm, from 150 degrees F to 175 degrees F.